Conservation Officer Sawitsky

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The photo that appears blue/ grey is actually a colour setting I put on my camera. It kind of looks like snow!

The body of water here is being swollowed by the dunes. The sand is slowing eating up all the trees and laks in sight. This tiny lake is black its so deep. Only a foot off shore is a complete drop-off. It is filled with walleye and pike!




Here are some more photos. As I was saying, I'm glad the dunes are protected. Up until last year, quads could drive all over the dunes. Sad! They do have some dunes set aside for riding on. Ethiclly, I don't like quads because they are loud, and totally eat up everything in sight. But this is the only way to get into the area unless you go by plane or 'chopper. I don't know if you all can read the sign about the secrets in the sand, but there are actually carnivorous plants in the dunes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home