Conservation Officer Sawitsky

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

so....my trip into the Richardson River Wildland Provincial Park was amazing! I hate quadding, and it showed within the first two minutes of my riding. I crashed! Then I got my wits together and rode the rest of the 120 km sand road just fine. It was a heck of a looooong trip. I was with my supervisor, Bart, and our secretary, Jan. we also met up with a Fish and Wildlife guy and another from foresty up at the cabin. I got to see the Athabasca sand sunes the next day. I've been to a lot of places, and seen a lot, but nothing like this. Thank God its an Ecological reserve. Absolutely STUNNING! White sand for miles and miles and miles. And not a sinlge soul up there. Its virtually UNTOUCHED. Just wolf foot prints. Anyways...I have to go to a staff party, but I'll post more pics later!




1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Fantastic pics!! I had no idea anything like that existed in Northern Alberta! It looks like a really special, totally unique place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home